I originally tried this recipe as a pre-workout snack. Something to give me a carb and sugar boost before the gym. Once made, however, I could not get the recipe to firm up enough to make into a bar or anything solid enough to eat without a spoon. It “crumbled” every time. The recipe was so good that I decided to add it in to my weekly menu as a dessert instead. Problem solved!
- Crust Layer
- 1 cup, Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup, Tapioca Flour
- 3/4 cup, Rolled Oats
- 1/2 tsp, Stevia Powder
- Blueberry Layer
- 12 oz, Blueberries
- 1/3 tsp, Stevia Powder
- 2 tbsp, Raw Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp, Arrowroot Flour
- 1/4 cup, Raw Honey
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line an oven-proof pan with aluminum foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl melt the butter.
- Add the flour, oats, sugar and little bit of salt. Stir until well combined.
- Set 1 cup of the mixture aside to be used as the top layer.
- Transfer the rest of the mixture to the foil lined pan and spread evenly. Make sure the mixture is packed firmly using a spatula or your fingers.
- Using the same mixing bowl, add all of the ingredients for the blueberry layer. Mix thoroughly.
- Spread the blueberry mixture into the pan and distribute evenly. Top with the cup of oatmeal mixture that you set aside.
- Bake for around 45 mins or until desired level of doneness.