Healthy snack that is perfect as an appetizer, for a party or to eat while watching the game.
- 1 sweet potato, sliced in 1/4″ slices
- 4 small avocados
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb. peeled & deveined cooked shrimp
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
- Additional salt for seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Line a baking sheet w/ foil and brush with 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Place the sliced sweet potatoes on the prepared baking sheet and brush 1 tbsp of olive oil over the tops
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Flip the slices and bake for another 10 minutes or until crispy.
- As the sweet potato slices bake prepare the guacamole and shrimp.
- Prepare the guacamole by mashing together the avocado, lime juice, red wine vinegar, red pepper flakes and 1/2 tsp salt. Set aside.
- Prepare the shrimp by tossing in a bowl with the smoked paprika, cumin, salt, and chipotle chili powder.
- Cook shrimp for about 3 minutes per side.
- Top each sweet potato slice with a spoonful of guacamole and a piece of shrimp.