Vegetarian tacos for those days/diets that are trying to limit meat intake but still get some protein.
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup low sodium black beans
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 lime (for juice)
- 3 gluten free corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
- Salt & pepper for seasoning
- Heat a grill or grill pan on high heat
- Slice the zucchini and red bell pepper into large strips. Large enough to not fall through the grates of the grill.
- Grill the zucchini and red bell pepper for 5 minutes per side.
- While the vegetables are grilling, mash the avocado in a bowl and stir in the juice of the lime and the salt & pepper. Stir until smooth and place the guacamole in the refrigerator to chill.
- Heat the black beans in a bowl in the microwave for 30 – 45 secs.
- After the vegetables are grilled, allow to cool and then chop to your desired sized.
- Heat the tortillas on the grill until warmed and have grill marks on either side. About 1 minute per side.
- Fill the tortillas with the sliced vegetables, black beans and top with the guacamole and pico de gallo.