- 1 3/4 cup oats
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup hot water
- 8 drops liquid stevia or 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp stevia (packets or powder)
- unsweetened dark chocolate chunks or chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place oats in blender or food processor and grind into a powder. Add all other ingredients to food processor and mix until smooth.
- Pour into muffin pan evenly.
- Place 4 dark chocolate chunks in each cupcake.
- Bake for 12 minutes, then add 4 dark chocolate chunks to the top of each cupcake and cook another 3-4 minutes. (Note: they will still be somewhat melty until they cool. They will not be completely solid when you take them out of the oven.)
Makes 12 cupcakes