- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized chunks (optional)
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into large chunks
- 2 cups large pineapple chunks
- 2 medium red onions, cut into large chunks
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into large chunks
- salt and black pepper
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar (rice wine or cider)
- 1 tsp sriracha hot sauce
- Fresh chopped cilantro (optional)
- 8 wooden skewers, soaked in cold water for 20 minutes
- Preheat a grill or grill pan on medium high. Thread the chicken, zucchini, pineapple, onion, and pepper chunks onto the skewers and season them with salt and pepper.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the ketchup, maple syrup, soy sauce, vinegar, and sriracha. Set aside half the glaze in a separate container, and brush the rest onto the skewers.
- Grill the skewers until the chunks are lightly charred and the chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes on each side. Then use a clean brush to coat the skewers with the extra sauce. Top with cilantro, if using.