The slow cooker is one of my favorite kitchen inventions! It is a simple way to make healthy meals in bulk which is perfect for food prep.
This slow cooker recipe has it all. Protein from the beef, fiber and vitamins from the broccoli, and carbs from the jasmine rice. If the macro content is to much for you try to substitute a leaner meat to decrease the fat content and use stevia instead of brown sugar.
- 3 lbs beef chuck
- 1 large Yellow Onion
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 3 gloves Garlic
- 1 cup low sodium Beef Broth
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 3 cups Broccoli
- 1/2 cups Jasmine Rice, Cooked
- Slice the onions into thin strips chop the beef chuck into bite-sized portions and mince the garlic.
- Whisk together the beef broth, sesame oil, brown sugar and garlic.
- Add the beef and onion to a slow cooker and pour the beef broth mixture over the top.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover with the lid and cook on low for 3.5 hours.
- Chop the broccoli and add to the slow cooker and let cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve over a bed of cooked jasmine rice.