Simple and delicious breakfast recipe. Quick and easy!
Pro tip: sauté the vegetables in bulk ahead of time (5 servings worth) and simply heat up on the stove-top when you cook the eggs.
- 3 cage free eggs
- 3/4 large bell pepper, sliced (I use 3 quarter sections of a red, yellow and green bell pepper to add a variety of color)
- 1/5 yellow onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- Preheat a pan over medium-high heat. Add butter or olive oil depending on your diets fat macros (I use a non-stick skillet so neither butter or oil are included in the macro calculations).
- Add the sliced bell pepper, onion and the mushrooms to the pan and cook for about 8-10 mins, stirring frequently.
- While the veggies cook, preheat another pan over medium-low heat.
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl and add to the preheated pan when the veggies have about 3-4 mins. left.
- Cook the eggs, stirring continuously for about 3-4 mins depending on your scrambled egg preference (runny or cooked throughly).
- Serve with the sliced avocado and enjoy!