A great twist on a breakfast favorite.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 3 eggs
- 3 slices uncured bacon
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tbsp sour cream (if desired)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Basil & chives for topping
- Prepare avocado by halving length wise, pitting, and scooping out the middle leaving a thick edge to form a “boat”.
- Fry the bacon in a pan until crisp on both sides.
- As the bacon is frying, whisk the eggs in a small bowl to create a good froth.
- Once the bacon is done, set aside to cool.
- Keep the bacon grease in the pan and reduce the heat to medium-low. Add the eggs to the pan and stir continuously until scrambled to your desired level.
- Chop the bacon and slice the tomatoes.
- Spoon the scrambled eggs into the avocado boats, top with the chopped bacon and sour cream. Serve with the sliced tomatoes. Sprinkle the seasoning over the entire plate. Save the scooped out avocado to use for a clean guacamole recipe.