Recipe is low in carbs, high in protein and reheats very well making it perfect for meal prepping.
- 1 lb ground chicken breast
- 1 egg
- 1/2 sweet potato
- 1/4 cup oatmeal
- 4 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp Mrs. Dash® Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend
- 1 tbsp Mrs. Dash® Table Blend
- 1/2 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 zucchini
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grate the sweet potato and prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper in preparation for the chicken meat balls.
- In a large bowl combine the grated sweet potato, egg, oatmeal, 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, and the remaining seasonings. Mix all of the ingredients using your hands until well combined.
- Form the mix into meatballs by rounding them in your palm. I like to make approximately 9 meatballs but you they can be formed into smaller or larger meatballs depending on your preference.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes.
- While the meatballs bake, slice the zucchini into strands using a spiral slicer
- When the meatballs have about 5 minutes left, heat the olive oil in a medium pan on medium-low heat for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add the zucchini noodles to the pan and stir frequently for about 2 – 3 additional minutes. Transfer the zucchini noodles to a strainer to remove any excess water.
- Serve the zucchini noodles with the meatballs and sprinkle evenly with the remaining 1 tbsp of parmesan cheese.
- Meal prep tip: double this recipe and you have 6 days worth of meals ready to go!
- For perfect zucchini noodle strands buy a spiral slicer. These are relatively cheap (mine was less than $15) and can be used on a variety of fruits & vegetables.