- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon diced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Form 8 meatballs, placing a 1/2-inch mozzarella cube in center of each.
- Mist a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; bake meatballs 15 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Saute 2 minced garlic cloves in 1 teaspoon canola oil 1 minute. Add 2 cups chopped zucchini; cook 5 minutes.
- Serve 2 meatballs over zucchini and 1/3 cup cooked whole wheat orzo; top with 1/2 cup tomato sauce. (Freeze leftovers.)
Makes 4 servings