The slow cooker is one of my favorite cooking options. Drop food in, mix in some spices and let it sit for a few hours. How could it get any easier than that.
This recipe infuses the drumsticks with a spice blend that provides just the right amount of kick. Using the slow cooker the chicken practically falls off of the bone. For a leaner meal substitute drumsticks with boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- 1 cup of chopped Green Onions (approx. 2-3 stalks)
- 3/4 teaspoon dried Thyme
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper (or more if you like it really spicy)
- 1 teaspoon ground Allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground dried Mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon Coconut (melted)
- 10 Chicken Drumsticks
- Make jerk seasoning: add all ingredients except the drumsticks to food processor and pulse until combined.
- In a large bowl, combine the blended seasoning and the drumsticks and mix until the chicken is thoroughly covered.
- Place chicken into the slow cooker and top with any of the remaining seasoning blend.
- Cook on low for 4 hours, turning chicken over after 2 hours if possible.
- Once the slow cooker is finished, set oven to broil and transfer the chicken to baking sheet. Broil for about 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!