The Instant Pot is one of my new favorite kitchen products. It’s basically a “slow cooker” that cooks the food in a fraction of the time. This tasty recipe would normally take 6 – 8 hours in a slow-cooker and in the Instant Pot it’s only 90 minutes!
- 2 lbs chuck roast
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 cup water
- Blend all of the seasonings and spices together in a bowl. Rub the spice blend over the chuck roast and place it in the Instant Pot.
- Pour the water into the Instant Pot.
- Set the manual pressure setting time for 90 minutes. Once the time is up, manually vent the steam.
- Shred the beef in the Instant Pot and stir in the juices and serve.
- Shredded beef goes well with cauliflower rice, fried plantains and/or sliced avocados.
Note: if your not using an Instant Pot, you can cook this shredded beef in a slow cooker on low setting for 6 hours.
Serves 5 – 6