Chicken wings are a staple for any viewing party. Whether it’s watching the Lions break your heart game after game, the Buckeyes steam-roll over their opponent or if you just want to hang-out and tailgate, the chicken wing is a must.
Most wings are either slathered in sauce that is crazy high in sugar or deep-fried in breading that is dripping with saturated fat. These Honey Garlic Wings are a delicious, clean way to enjoy a party staple without breaking the nutritional bank. Pair with a Garlic Yogurt Lime Dipping Sauce and your snacking experience is complete!
- 20 Wings, Raw
- 1/3 cup, Honey
- 1/4 cup, Lemon juice – Raw
- 1/4 cup, Water
- 2 tbsp, Liquid Aminos
- 2 tsp, garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp, ground ginger
- 2 tbsp, Apple Cider Vinegar
- Heat a small sauce pan over medium-high heat.
- Mix the honey, lemon juice, water, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic and ginger in a bowl
- Pour in the honey garlic mixture and bring to a strong simmer.
- Once the sauce is simmering, turn heat down to low simmer for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Once cooled, pour marinade over wings in a ziplock bag or bowl and marinade in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours (I like to do it overnight).
- Bake the marinaded wings in the over at 400F for 1 hour in a foil lined baking pan. You can also barbecue over medium-high heat for 20 minutes (turning once).
Makes 3 servings