This salad is a knockoff from one of my favorite local restaurants in Columbus, Ohio, Northstar Cafe (highly recommend you check it out). Named after our neighborhood, the Beechwold Salad is full of healthy fats and deliciousness. I usually make this recipe on days that I know I will be working out hard or expending a good amount of energy. The healthy fats (thanks to the almonds and avocado) provide the extra boost I need to push through any plateau.
- 1/4 cup, Goat Cheese Crumbles
- 1/4 cup, Dried Cranberries
- 2 tbsp, Balsamic Vinegar
- 6 oz, Chicken Breast
- 2 cups, Baby Spring Mix Lettuce
- 1/4 cup, Red Onion Diced
- 1/4 cup, Almonds
- 1/4 Avocado, Sliced
- Preheat a grill on medium-high.
- Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper as desired and dice the red onion.
- Grill chicken breast for 6 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken from the grill and slice into thin strips.
- Mix the greens, red onions, almonds, dried cranberries together and top with the sliced chicken, avocado, goat cheese and balsamic vinegar.
Adapted from Northstar Cafe