Easy side dish that pairs well with a honey or sweet sauce infused main dish.
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 large cucumber
- 2 scallions
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 2 tbsp pickled ginger
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Mix the rice vinegar, sesame oil, brown sugar and kosher salt in a bowl.
- Slice the cucumber, scallions and chop the cilantro and jalapeño.
- Mix the sliced/chopped veggies, along with the pickled ginger and sesame seeds into the bowl with the sauce.
- Toss to coat thoroughly and serve.
- Great side dish to have with the Slow-Cooker Honey-Orange Chicken on my recipe page.