- 1 Plantain
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- Peel the plantain then slice into 1 inch thick pieces.
- Heat the coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the plantain slices to the skillet. Flipping frequently, cook the plantain slices on both sides for about 4 minutes. Remove the slices from the skillet to cool slightly and turn off the heat. The slices should be not be completely browned yet.
- Smash each slice with the smooth side of a mallet (the bottom of a coffee mug will work as well).
- Reheat the left over coconut oil in the skillet. Add a bit more if needed.
- Cook the smashed slices until they reach your desired level of browning. Usually about 3 minutes per side.
- Sprinkle the slices with salt and serve.