- 2 lbs Flank steak
- 4 avocados
- 3/4 cup cilantro
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp red-wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Salt & pepper for seasoning steak as desired
- For the chimichurri sauce, add the cilantro, oregano, garlic, red-wine vinegar, olive oil, lime juice, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Cut the avocados into small cubes or chunks. Add to a bowl and toss with the chimichurri sauce. Try not to smash the avocado as you mix it.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium high and season both sides of the flank steak with salt and pepper as desired.
- Grill the steak for about 4-6 minutes per side depending on how cooked you like it.
- Remove the steak from the grill and let sit for 4-5 minutes. This allows the juices to seep back into the steak making it more flavorful.
- Top with the avocado chimichurri sauce and serve. A great complimentary side dish is this Tomato Salad.