- 3 6-inch whole-wheat pitas
- 2 tsp canola oil
- Chili powder
- Kosher salt
- 2 cups chopped avocado (about 2)
- 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt (such as Fage) or plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh chives, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 7 cups assorted fresh vegetables, raw or lightly steamed (e.g., beet slices, baby carrots, sliced fennel, julienned jicama, snow peas)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut each pita into 8 wedges. Brush with oil and sprinkle with ground cumin, chili powder, and kosher salt—all to taste. Bake for 8 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Turn off oven and let chips stand for 15 minutes or until crispy.
- Meanwhile, put avocado, yogurt, lemon juice, vinegar, 1/3 cup chives, parsley, and salt to taste in a small food processor or blender and puree until creamy. Stir in most of remaining chives, reserving some to garnish dip.
- To serve, spoon the dip into a small bowl and surround with vegetables and pita chips on a platter.
Makes 20 servings.