Here is a quick and easy recipe that is loaded with protein and good fat.
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus a pinch
- 4 salmon fillets (about 4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 large pickling cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 scallion, trimmed and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 8 ounces whole wheat orzo, cooked according to package directions
- In a bowl, combine the olive oil, cumin, sugar, black pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Lay the salmon on a foil-lined baking sheet and brush the tops with the oil mixture. Refrigerate for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler. Combine the yogurt, cucumber, scallion, parsley, lemon juice, and the remaining pinch of salt in a small bowl.
- Broil the salmon until it is barely opaque at the center of the thickest part, 7 to 10 minutes. Serve over the orzo, topped with the yogurt sauce.