Since I am intolerant to eggs and dairy, breakfast can be tough to get protein so I am forced to go outside of the box. The result, Shrimp & Grits!
- 1/4 cup cream of rice
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cashew milk
- 4.5 oz shrimp
- salt, cinnamon, allspice, cumin and chili powder to taste
- 100g zucchini
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Preheat a pot on the stove over medium heat.
- Add the cashew milk and cream of rice. Cook for until the desired consistency, stirring occasionally.
- Sauté the shrimp with the salt, cinnamon, allspice, cumin and chili powder until the shrimp is cooked through.
- Add the zucchini to the cooking shrimp about halfway through cooking.
- Mix the nutritional yeast into the cooked cream of rice and top with the cooked shrimp and zucchini.