This variation of the Hearty Breakfast Bowl is packed with carbs, natural sugar and healthy fats that will give you sustained energy to breeze through your morning. Make sure to use all natural peanut butter to ensure that the fat content comes entirely from healthy fats.
- 1/4 cup Oat Bran
- 1/4 cup Blueberries
- 1/4 cup Strawberries – sliced
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 3/4 Cup Water (or more if you prefer “runnier” oatmeal)
- 1/2 Banana – sliced
- 1 Tbsp Ground Flax Seed
- 1/2 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Natural Peanut Butter
- Bring the water, oat bran, blueberries and strawberries to a boil over medium heat stirring frequently.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for an additional 2-3 minutes and continue to stir frequently.
- Once cooked, mix in the sliced banana, raisins, flax seed, cinnamon and peanut butter.