- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- Juice of half a lime
- Juice of half an orange
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 lb skinless, boneless salmon
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 piece ginger (1 inch), chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped Juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 6 small 100% whole-grain pitas
- Combine yogurt, lime juice, orange juice, and honey; set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium. Wash salmon and pat dry. Chop half the fish and place in food processor along with sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Process into a pasty puree.
- Chop remaining salmon and add to puree along with bread crumbs and cilantro. Pulse until combined. Form into 12 small patties and brush with oil.
- Grill 4 minutes per side. Stuff pitas with burgers and yogurt sauce.
Makes 6 servings.
Per serving: 292 cal, 11 g fat (2 g sat), 27 g carbs, 3 g fiber, 446 mg sodium, 23 g protein
*courtesy Women’s Health Magazine